History




St. Paul United Methodist Church at Rover, TN was first organized in 1868 in a brush arbor a mile and a half from Rover. In 1878, the first church building was built in Rover.  In 1904, the old church was torn down and the present church was built.  In 1941, the church was moved back to make room for the new Highway 41-A.  In 1953, a basement was built underneath the church.  In 1976, a lighted cross was added to the front of the church.  In 1990, a new fellowship hall was added to the church building.  In 2004, windows were replaced in the auditorium with beautiful stain glass windows to celebrate our 100th anniversary.


                                                                                              








Copyright © 2014  St. Paul United Methodist Church • Rockvale, TN • (931) 294-2211